Transform Your Boundaries with Sarri Gilman, LMFT
Learn how to use your boundaries to take care of you
AND how to help your clients do it, too.
Boundaries are at the heart of every decision and every relationship. Working with people in the therapy field, you will find yourself helping people with these challenges again and again. You will see many symptoms from a lack of boundaries and lack of self-care.
In this training, Sarri will reflect on the work a therapist must be willing to “sweat” through to become an authentic guide with boundary development. She will share tools she has created that you can use with your clients in your practice.
Sarri will share her experience in guiding clients to create a lasting approach to developing their boundaries. People who are new to this work need strategies to be sure they continue to pay attention to their boundaries and their boundary life lessons.
- Recognize boundary stories and conflicts through seven patterns.
- Experience intensive/interactive storytelling about boundary building and resiliency
- Learn a four-step process to build skills; including self-awareness, boundary awareness, emotional awareness, and dealing with the most challenging boundary issues
- Recognize your own pattern and create a self-care plan to address your boundary development.
- Connect self-care planning with boundary building for clients
- Recognize which skills need to be developed and how to practice
- Make the connection between current research on stress, the brain, and boundary skills.
- Receive guidance through the provided workbook, providing the structure for learning 38 essential boundary skills
- Discover practical ways to set boundaries with extremely challenging situations
- Share the effectiveness of using storytelling, groups, pictures, and truisms to increase awareness about boundaries.
- Leave with tangible ways to immediately use what you've learned.
Transform Your Boundaries has been approved by NBCC for NBCC credit. Sarri Gilman is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC approval number SP-2865. 5 CE’s for this workshop.
Sarri Gilman, LMFT, is a psychotherapist, author, keynote speaker, and workshop presenter.
She is the author of Transform your Boundaries® (2014) and Naming and Taming Overwhelm for Healthcare and Human Service Providers (2017). Her humanitarian work includes founding two non-profits and running non-profits for 20 years. In 2014, she retired from non-profit work to focus on teaching about boundaries. Her work with people led her to conclude that it is essential to clarify our boundaries, improve our self-care, and face the things that are overwhelming. View her TedX talk on boundaries here.
Sarri continues to work in private practice on Whidbey Island in Washington State. She lives with her husband, Ken, and tiny dogs named Romeo and CocoRoo. She spends her free time Nordic skiing, knitting, swimming, hanging with her grown kids, and jogging on the island roads.
June 1, 2018
Details of location being finalized. Will update asap.
APPT Early Bird Member Before 5/25/18: $95
APPT Member After 5/25/18: $110
Non-Member: $125 (Ask how you can become a member for $65 a year and drop your rate for this event!)
Lunch: Boxed lunch (sandwich, cookie, chips) from Jimmy John's and drinks will be provided. Please send Kristan at email@example.com an email regarding your lunch option. Please note that we will be placing the order with Jimmy John's on Wednesday May 30th and will need your order and payment in prior to this date. Lunch will not be available after this date.
*Lunch order finalized at 5pm 5/30*
Lunch options: (From Jimmy Johns' menu)
Pepe: Real applewood smoked ham and provolone cheese garnished with lettuce, tomato and mayo.
Turkey Tom: Fresh sliced turkey breast topped with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
Vito: The original Italian sub with genoa salami, provolone, capicola, onion, lettuce, tomato, and a real tasty Italian vinaigrette.Vegetarian: Layers of provolone cheese separated by real avocado spread, sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomato, and mayo
Cancellation Policy For APPT
Contact Kristan Kiger by 5pm on 5/28/18, you can receive a credit to be used for a future event or your membership dues. Credits will not be given after 5pm on 5/28/18.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs or concerns. Please contact Kristan Kiger at 402-370-6898 or firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event.
Log onto www.PrivatePractice.org to register